Home Interior

We have been on vacation in Idaho and Utah! We had a family reunion in Idaho, and when Jack spent the last evening crying that he missed his Wyoming home and wanted to visit Grandma and Grandpa Haines and his cousin Asher in Utah, we decided to pop down to Utah for a few days before going back to Washington. More on our reunion in next week's post (we're enjoying visiting our favorite Utah hangs this week and haven't made room for much down time). But today I wanted to post these pictures of the inside of our new Washington house for Grandma to see. I thought I took pictures of every room, but when I put them on my computer I realized that most of the upstairs rooms are missing. I think this will give a good enough picture of how everything is laid out though!

^^Jack at the top of the landing when you go up the stairs, with mine and Jared's bedroom/bathroom in the background. 
^^This is our front door. I like how there's a window (a transom I think it's called?) above the door, so you can get daylight but still have privacy. We'll get some blinds for the side window. The door on the left leads to the garage. The door on the right is a coat closet. 
^^Coming in the front door you can go down a hall into the kitchen and living room, or up the stairs to our bedrooms and the playroom. 
^^This is a guest bedroom on the main level. There's a laundry room on the right and a bathroom across the hall. I like this setup because if you found yourself unable to use stairs you could get by just fine living on the main level. 
^^The downstairs bathroom. It's small, but there's a walk-in shower behind the door. 
^^Our kitchen. I like that we have an island in this house, but other than that I kind of miss our old kitchen in Wyoming, with its soft-close cabinetry and hidden trash. I'd love to paint this cabinetry and install some cute hardware, but that'll probably be well down the road. The dining area is behind Jack. We're going to use Jared's parents old dining table since we had to leave ours in Wyoming. There are also sliding glass doors leading to the backyard from the dining area. 
^^This is the living room. It's the biggest gathering area in the house, and as you can see, it's not huge. It'll be just fine for our little family though, especially since there's a good-size playroom upstairs. We've already got a rug in there, and we bought a Costco sectional (waaaay cheaper than everywhere else) that will be delivered next week. Eventually I'd love to install tongue and groove on the fireplace wall and paint the wall a dark green. This is the last of the downstairs rooms. 
The first room upstairs is mine and Jared's bedroom with an attached bathroom. The bedroom is bigger than our last one, and I think the bathroom is too:
^^My favorite part of our master bathroom is the big tub with the window next to it that looks out to some tall trees and the sunset. We'll get some blinds for this window, but when you're laying in the tub you can't see any other houses. I'm leaning toward getting motorized blinds so you can open the blinds from the tub and watch the sun set. 
^^This is the view looking out from our bedroom. There's a linen closet straight across where I think we'll also store games and holiday decor. Down the hallway there are two bedrooms on the left, a big playroom at the end of the hall, and then on the right is a smaller bedroom that we'll use as an office. I forgot to get pictures of the actual rooms, but right now there's not much to see. Just empty squares. Here's Jack's room. He can crawl out of his crib now so we took the front off until we can buy him a twin bed:
And that's our house! Nothing too exciting at this point. I'll be sure to share pictures of rooms as we finish them. I have a feeling it'll be along process getting to that point. The backyard is just dirt now, but I'll post pictures of that soon. Hopefully we'll be getting it fenced in by the end of the summer. 


Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.