Swimming Hole at the Falls

We made it back to Washington! It was a hectic, smoke-filled 15-hour travel day back from Utah, and me and Jack are both sick with intense colds now, but it feels good to be home. Took a full day of unpacking the kitchen and the arrival of our couch to feel like this place really is home, but I'm starting to feel it. I'll do some posts about Idaho and Utah later on, but for now, I am sick in bed and going to squeak out a shorter post about this little swimming hole we found 5 minutes from our house. 

^^First off, I accidentally chopped off all my hair! On our last day in Utah I spontaneously ran to a cheap haircut place because it occurred to me that haircuts are probably twice as expensive in Washington and we won't have a paycheck for another month and a half. I told the hairdresser I wanted it cut just past my shoulders, but when she measured it and said, "That's 10 inches. If you do 12 we can donate it and give you a free haircut." I was like, yes, let's do that. Then when she was about to start cutting she was like, "Ooh, it's actually shorter in the front. We're going to have to go 2 more inches." I was like, fine, whatever, very invested in this donation/free haircut situation now. But I think she did another inch or two on top of that, so now it's to my chin! It's a lot shorter than I wanted, but I don't hate it. And my hair grows really fast. But next time I'll be getting an expensive haircut to my exact specifications.

Five minutes from our house is the Pilchuck River. There's a fish ladder and some waterfalls going down enormous granite boulders (this is why our town is called Granite Falls--how picturesque?!). Yesterday we discovered that if you walk a little ways down from the falls there's a tiny sandy beach and a slow-moving, shallow swimming hole. Next time we go (which will probably be this week since we have some 100-degree days coming up and no AC), I'll take my nice camera and we'll spend several hours swimming and picnicking.

That's all I have for you today. Jared is going to take Jack down to Grandma and Grandpa Lambert's for the day to play with his cousin Mae who's visiting. We've found that it's all but impossible to get the house put together with Jack around, so hopefully he'll see lots of days in Woodinville while I try to get everything unpacked. Moving is a beast.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.