'Twas the Week Before Christmas

(^^Ward Christmas Party. Yes we had socks on Baby Alice, but they kept falling off and getting lost. No worries, it was very warm in there.)

This week I took myself to the dentist THREE TIMES within a seven day period. Zero stars, would not recommend. One cleaning, one left-side-mouth cavity filling appointment, one right-side-mouth cavity filling. On my way out today they said, "Bye, we'll see you in six months!" And I said, "I hope I never see any of you jerks again." (jk, Home Alone reference. I didn't actually say that.) I never had one single cavity before I had kids. But pregnancy wrecks havoc on my oral hygiene and at my pregnancy cleaning I was feeling too terrible to schedule cavity fillings so they saved them all for postpartum. Five little cavities filled this week, whoops. Very glad to have that behind me, and to not have months of pregnancy barfing decay all my teeth in 2023. It feels strange to reflect on my life and realize that prior to this week I'd only ever experienced routine cleanings, and one cavity filling appointment after Jack was born. This one week has included more cavity appointments than my previous entire life put together. That's a fun fact that I hate about this week. 

We have snow sticking to the streets and trees today. It is absolutely beautiful. Like living in a snowglobe since our street is surrounded by enormous evergreens. Here are a few more pictures from our week:

^^Dropping off Christmas cards. We only printed out 10 because it's nearly Christmas and we're not ambitious enough to collect addresses from people who aren't already on our Amazon delivery addresses page lol. But I feel obligated to tell you that if you get a card, JARED made the card this year. So when you notice that like 6 out of the 8 pictures on the card are of me and there's only one of Jared . . . I didn't make the card!!! I didn't notice until I was about to lick the last envelope shut hahaha
^^Sweater boi. He looks so charming and grown-up until you read that the Jack quote of the week is as follows (I overheard this from the next room over and mistakenly thought it was going to be a precious moment):

"Dad, do you know what I'm grateful for today? [pensive pause] Pooping on your face." (followed by fits of laughter. I think one of his preschool friends must be a potty mouth because the potty jokes did not exist until a month or two ago and now they are absolutely out of control.)
^^A surprise post-bedtime Christmas parade with Sant Clause on the Granite Falls fire truck! We had a Christmas parade like this in Bar Nunn too. One of the most charming parts of living in a small town.
And we'll close up with baby Alice wearing some of Jack's old baby jammies, for nostalgia's sake. She's a sweetie pie. Here's baby Jack in the same outfit. They look so similar but so different at the same time. I love them I love them I love them:



Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.