A Nice Christmas Flu

It's Christmas time!!!! I know it has been for a while, but I tend to be a stress case until all the Christmas shopping is 100% done, which is what we accomplished over the weekend. I feel so much lighter and I'm excited to chill and make paper snowflakes while watching Christmas movies. Which we'll probably do a lot of this week, since Jack has the flu. Hooray. Who needs one last week of preschool before holiday break to chill and catch their breath? Not me. I'm just hoping Alice doesn't catch it! There was one day last week where she was screaming and inconsolable and she wouldn't breastfeed at all. I'm suspicious that it might've been due to something I ate (dairy, likely). She's back to normal now and I'm staying away from dairy and also keeping a food diary for the future. Here's a cute Baby Alice picture from yesterday when we got her all dressed up for church and then decided to stay home because Jack spiked a fever of 102:

^^She smiles quite a bit but I love this expressionless baby stare too haha. She's got a cowlick on the back of her head which always makes that back hair stick up and flop around when we bounce her. The best. 
^^A stage I hope to never forget: Jack requesting Alice snuggles in his bed in the mornings. We'll finish off this week's post with another Jack quote: "Oh my holy smokes mom, this is gonna blow your mind out actually!" (Probably in reference to an obscure dino fact.) There's no shortness of entertainment around here with Jack and a smiley baby in tow.  

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.