Springtime

 Well hey. We're all sick but at least it's springtime!

This last Monday Jared and I had plans to drive half an hour north to La Conner to check out the blooming daffodil fields if I was feeling up to it. This was going to be a date since Jared only works til noon on Mondays, but Jack had a wicked cough so I kept him home from preschool and he joined us. He did a covid test and it was negative, so I was like, "Get me out of this house." We had a good time! We had lunch right next to the water--fish and chips at a restaurant my brother Jordan took me to when they were living in this part of Washington 3 years ago. After lunch we walked down the boardwalk and Jack loved watching the boats. Then we drove around and saw a bunch of pretty daffodil fields in full bloom! Unfortunately there were no places to pull off on the side of the road to get a picture. I felt bad because Jack was under the impression that he was going to get to walk around the fields, but that didn't happen. So we pulled off next to a fire station that had daffodils growing next to it and snapped a picture on our way home. 

Jack continued to have a cough of death for the rest of the week (just a bad cold), so he stayed home from preschool. It was cool and all, but now he has "spring break" next week, so another week without preschool. Plus Jared is busier than ever at work, leaving before we wake up and getting home around 7:00 every evening. At least Jack's not that sick anymore, but now Jared and I have minor colds. I will say, a cold usually really harshes my jam, but when I hold a cold up next to my pregnancy nausea, I can only roll my eyes at it. Anyway, here's a couple more sicky pics from the week:

^^Tossed Jack my phone to buy me a few minutes of rest, and this was the result. Proooobably the only "bump" picture you'll get for a while, so thought I'd throw this one in here. You can't really tell since I'm laying down, but I actually have a pretty intense bump considering I'm only 15 weeks along. I started showing at 8 weeks (google tells me it's mostly bloat showing through my diastisis recti, fun). But back pain's already starting to creep in. Time to bust out the belly band at just 16 weeks along. Yay. Gonna be a fun year. 

That's pretty much all I've got for you! The nausea situation is slowly getting more manageable during the morning/early afternoons. It's kind of up to me how a day's going to go now. As long as I eat something before I get out of bed and every hour throughout the entire day (yes, every hour) and don't fall behind on my meds, most days are pretty good until around 4:00. I mean, I definitely still feel lousy compared to normal, but it could be so much worse. I only had one really bad day last week, and I think it's because I wasn't careful and didn't eat for a 3-hour stretch of time. So anyway, here's to another week of constant snacking, and fingers crossed no one throws up!!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.