Herbivores

Another week down, 26 to go! Nausea update (sorry, I know these are probably boring, but helpful for me to have a detailed record to refer back to): about the same as last week. I've started tracking how each day has gone on Jack's preschool calendar to see if I notice any patterns. Evenings/nights are always "bad" or "very bad," but daytimes now are more like "bad, ok, good, ok, bad, ok, good, ok . . ." At 14 weeks I categorize a day as "good" if I'm able to get a few things done while Jack's at preschool and just feel "queasy" all day instead of knocked out with the nauseas. An average/ok day is a day where I feel nauseous enough that there's no way I'm going to get anything done, but not bad enough that I throw up or need to take a zofran. A bad day is where I'm very nauseous, taking zofran, and possibly throwing up while Jack watches Paw Patrol. I'll occasionally feel up to cooking a simple, easy dinner if it's a "good" day. Something along the lines of soup or pasta. Nothing involving raw meat though. Jared picks up a lot of the dinner slack, as do leftovers, cereal, and frozen pizzas. And I'm still taking a zofran pretty much every night and going to sleep between 8:00 and 9:00 in the evening. I'm really hoping to ease off zofran completely by 20 weeks (my other nausea meds don't have bad side effects, just zofran). I think it's going to happen! Eyes on the prize! 

Last weekend I found some old birthday money and me and Jared pooled our loose cash to get the car I drive detailed. Our cars are both old and we normally wouldn't splurge to detail either of them (I drive a 16-year-old Honda Accord, Jared drives a 26-year-old Honda Accord), but my pregnant nose couldn't take it anymore. I'd find myself breathing only out of my mouth every time I'd drive to Jack's preschool, and if I accidentally breathed in through my nose I'd be scrambling for a barf bag. The car doesn't really smell bad when I'm not pregnant, but 16 years of dog, teenage Jared, and baby smells seeped into the seats and it needed a good shampoo. It was 150% worth it. My car experiences have improved immensely. Our neighbor owns a car detailing business he does from his driveway, so it was extra nice to just drop it off two houses down. 

I had an OB appointment this last week. Everything looks and sounds good. We opted not to pay for the genetic test that would tell us baby's gender early--we both feel totally zen waiting for the 20-week ultrasound for that. I think if I didn't get so sick during my pregnancies I'd be dying to find out as early as possible. But as it is, it's not like I'm feeling up to decorating a nursery or buying baby clothes yet, so I'd rather just wait to find out and get excited when I'm feeling better. Kind of like a pregnancy halftime intermission to keep me motivated and looking forward to something. It'll be a fun birthday surprise come May. I'll let you know when we find out. 

The weather's starting to tease us with spring in Washington. Lots of trees are blossoming and I think we'll head up to Skagit Valley for the tulip festival sometime this next month. Costco was selling cedar hedge trees for a great deal, so Jared borrowed his parents' old suburban and went ham planting 13 of them as a privacy hedge in our backyard. If he can keep them all alive I'll be impressed. They look great though! Even though they're still small and don't provide actual privacy yet, they make our backyard feel really cozy/cute somehow? I'll update with pictures in a few weeks. 

Jared's parents and brother came to visit and pick their suburban back up on Saturday. They took us to the little Thai restaurant in our town for dinner. Usually I'm trying to cram protein down my throat every two hours because it keeps me feeling stable for longer, but I couldn't stomach any meat and just ordered myself a big green-papaya salad. Scarfed it down, took home the leftovers, ate them immediately, and then spent the rest of the evening pining after it and craving more papaya salad. Cravings aren't something that happen for me when I'm pregnant, but I realized that since I'm basically only prioritizing protein when I eat, I haven't had a proper intake of fruits/vegetables in months probably. I think my body's angry at me. And two days later I'm still craving an enormous green-papaya salad. I'll probably send Jared to grab one for me when he gets home. Weird/fun to finally have a food craving. 

Jack's in a strong dinosaurs phase. He loves playing with dinosaurs and learning about all the different kinds of dinos. He just walked into the kitchen and asked if we had any broccoli or salad. I gave him a bowl of spinach leaves and off he went to feed all his herbivorous dinosaurs haha. I love this age so much. Speaking of dinosaurs, I'm still not taking many pictures, but here are some pictures from the first time we discovered "Dinosaur Lake" over the summer. (So named because Jack had all his dinosaurs in the car with him at the time.) Very excited for lake days like these in the coming months. 

 

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.