Can't Think of a Title

We're almost out of the first trimester!! I'm feeling about the same as last week--some decent days, some bad days, evenings remain pretty rough, but at least the overall feeling is less miserable than it was a month ago. I wish I had a crystal ball so I could gauge how much longer I'll be sick. If I knew I'd be feeling better by 20 weeks I think I'd be able to keep my spirits high. But I just have this downer suspicion that it's likely going to be a long 40 weeks of feeling nauseated like it was with Jack's pregnancy. Most nights I'm wanting to go to sleep for the night by 6:00, but have to wait until my last round of meds at 8:00 p.m. One of the more awful symptoms that I always forget to mention but plagues me constantly is the hypersalivation. It's this bad combo of my body producing way more saliva than usual in response to the nausea, and also not being able to swallow any saliva because it makes my stomach turn and sometimes triggers vomiting. (A majority of the time I can't stomach water either, but that's a topic for a different day.) So probably every 2-3 minutes ALL DAY LONG I'm running to the nearest sink to spit out a mouthful of saliva. And when I go to bed I have to keep a spit cup on my bedside table. Very gross. Anxious for the saliva issue to go away forever. 

Wish I had more interesting updates for you. Jared continues to be a great help and dad. He usually gives the house a good cleaning on Saturday and he and Jack spend a lot of time building elaborate castles out of wooden blocks. I'm always trying to come up with new ways to pass the time. I am able to do 1-2 productive things a day, but beyond that I need to be resting or I'll pay for it. I've started practicing the piano because it's one of the only things I can do that feels restful and also distracts me from the nausea. TV and phone-scrolling aren't doing it for me anymore. 

No new pictures this week, but here are some old Wyoming photos I never posted. These are from a day at Martin's Cove and Alcova Lake last year. 
^^Jack's photography skills at Martin's Cove
^^We stopped at Alcova Lake on the way home and Jared napped in the sand.
Honestly we still miss Wyoming a lot. Our prairie right across the street, complete with trails and big sunset views, is pretty hard to beat. But if I'd been pregnant in Wyoming instead of Washington I might be feeling differently haha

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.