End of Summer

School is just around the corner for the kids, and they are equal parts ready, and lashing out in anxiety about it. Neat! I am really excited to see what kind of person I'll be when both kids are in school. With Alice's nap gone and Jared's work hours extending til bedtime, this has been the summer of no free time. Alice's preschool will just be 2 hours, but I am beyond excited to have those hours to replace her extinct naps. 

Our landscaping seems to be on pause, but my brothers and parents came over on Saturday evening to help us install the park strip landscaping in front of our house. I'm so grateful they came to help, and it looks great!

^^On days when our landscapers don't come (most days), the kids and I spend our mornings outside. Alice is big on setting up a "breakfast picnic," which is adorable. Leveling and adding retaining walls in a backyard isn't the most fun way to spend a large amount of money, but I will say that our backyard feels like an amphitheater now, which is very fun. 5/5 stars, would recommend. And our fence is finished on two sides! Progress!
^^Getting out of the house is the only way to survive these last weeks of summer. I love these psycho, scary lil' summer monkeys.
^^Jack reading Alice her new Fancy Nancy book. This is the cutest moment I've ever witnessed. (90% of the time, these two are screaming and throwing things in joy or rage. This is not the norm.)
^^Lagoon! We took the kids on the Primordial ride. It's like a very tame roller coaster with some 3d "shoot the bad guys" stuff. Thought they would love it, but it was a bit on the scary side for them. Back to kid land for a few more years, which I don't mind at all.
^^My parents came over for dinner and to see backyard updates on Friday. Alice had fun driving cars on the back of grandpa's shirt that we got him for his birthday. 
^^Tree shopping for the front park strip. Alice was being a lil' photographer.
^^It looks really good! We got the plants tiny and on sale, but they will grow in and look lush in a few years. 

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.