Back in a 2-nap, Girls' Night Prime

Alice is back to two naps. We tried one nap for a month, but her nap was so short and wasn't getting longer and she was grumpy all the time. I referred back to an 18-month blog update I did for Jack (Alice is currently 16 months) and noted that he was still taking two naps at the time. So I tried putting Alice back on a two-nap schedule and it has made a world of difference around here. Both of her naps are longer than her one nap was before, and she's still going to bed and waking up at reasonable hours. "Sleep begets sleep" does it again. 

Jared's mom invited me attend a cookie-decorating class with her on Saturday. It started at 7:00 p.m. and was an hour away. I was on a high feeling like a cRaZy college grl again until I took it too far and decided to stop for a Spicy McChicken at 11:00 p.m. on the drive home. I got stuck in what looked to be a medium-long drive-thru line that must've been full of potheads with huge cases of the munchies. Took 45 minutes to get through the line and I didn't get home until midnight. Worth it though (the class, not the McDonalds). This was my first time decorating with royal icing and it was lots of fun! Some pictures from our week:

^^Alice has discovered a love for shoes and it is adorable. She's walking all over the place these days. 
^^Also Alice is teething. On my face. She's teething on my face. Neat.
^^These sheepdog bangs were getting out of hand so Jared trimmed them yesterday and they turned out adorable. I didn't take a picture but you'll see them in next week's post.
^^The cookie class! It felt more like a party than a class. The teacher sure knew how to host. There was a table dedicated entirely to Italian sodas and drinks, and all the cookie supplies were set out cute, ready to go. 
^^We learned lots of techniques, like "watercoloring." The box on the bottom right is my cookie creations. Even better, they were really delicious to eat.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.