Fravrits

(Jack's pronunciation of "favorite")

We're starting to get into a groove over here. Alice is 7 weeks old, and honestly the time has kind of flown. Jared's remained sick with the mancold this past week. Some of his patients have tested positive for the flu so he's suspicious that might've been it. He wasn't ever nauseated but did have a bit of a fever for a day or two (wasn't covid). Luckily he had a week of "continuing medical education" scheduled, so he was able to stay home and rest/take an online course.

The free time is lacking, but when I do get a spare moment I'm in my organizing era. It's kind of a "give a mouse a cookie" situation. It started with organizing Alice's clothes. That snowballed to organizing the playroom, and over the weekend I had Jared add a shelf to our closet. So that's next. Super exciting stuff. My toxic trait is that as soon as I get 50% of the way through a project I think of a new project I want to start, so I never really finish a job 100% of the way. Oh well, I'll take 70% over 0%. 

Not much new to report. Here are a few of my favorite things from this week:

-Favorite Snack: sourdough toast topped with brie cheese and pears. Jared's mom gave us an enormous box of pears. Jack has decided that he "hates" pears, and Jared has decided that they give him a sore throat (I feel like his medical license needs to be put under investigation for making this weird claim). So I'm on my own over here trying to find new ways to go through pears. The toast and brie one is a keeper.

-Favorite Show: Mysterious Benedict Society on Disney+ is what me and Jared have been watching. Very family friendly. Jared loves the storyline. I love the styling and cinematography. I've also been watching Gilmore Girls as my nursing show. Such a good, wholesome nursing show. Love that it's about a mother and daughter, and since I've already seen it it's not a problem that I only catch about 50% of what's going on during the night feeds because of exhaustion. It wouldn't make it into top 5 for favorite show ever, but it's cozy as a nursing my way through the fall and winter show. 

-Favorite Baby Products: an exercise ball and ergo baby carrier. It's so nice to have a reliable, 100% guaranteed way to get our baby happy when she's not happy. That guaranteed way is strapping her into a front pack and bouncing away on an exercise ball. Bonus points because we can use the ball as a chair and do this while eating, blogging, watching tv, etc. We also did this a lot with Jack, but he was so colicky that sometimes it wouldn't do the trick. With Alice it's pretty much a guarantee. Waaaay more effective than a rocking chair for her. (All babies are different though. My babies hate carseats/rides and could care less about the baby swings, but love a good exercise ball haha)


Ok here are some pictures from probably our last sunny fall day of the year. We picked Jack up from school on Thursday and drove to this cute suspension bridge 10 minutes from our house. No one was there so we hung out on the beach and enjoyed the scenery for a while. 5 stars to Washington. 

^^This week I rediscovered my love of a daily nature walk, now that I'm not pregnant and I'm pretty well recovered! Unfortunately this was only a possibility because Jared was home from work all week. We're at the point in the year when it's dark when he leaves for work (even with daylight savings), and way past dark by the time he gets home from work. I could of course do this walk with the kiddos during the day, but that isn't quite as therapeutic as going on my own. I'll have to save my nature walks as a weekend treat. 
^^Jared's dad has a coworker who is like family to them, and she bought these ADORABLE hand-knit booties and pom hat. Her head's already too big for the hat but sheesh, how cute. 
^^My crew!! They were all sitting there together on this couch that's randomly in our bedroom right now, and I was just hit with this wave of like, wow, all these dudes are mine. Such a good crew <3

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.