Cabin or Treat

Happy Halloween from a smiley pumpkin and a dilophosaurus! (NOT a dragon--don't make that mistake.)
On Saturday night we went to our ward's "Cabin or Treat." Basically it's a trunk or treat, but we have a beautiful church camp in our ward boundaries full of cute little cabins. So our ward gets to do lots of activities there and for Halloween families can rent out cabins for the evening to decorate. This was our first time attending--next year we will claim a cabin to decorate. (Picture above is us enjoying some nostalgic boiled peanuts--a popular food in rural areas of Georgia. The senior missionaries over Cascade Park lived in Georgia for 17 years so we reminisced and were so happy to enjoy the boiled peanuts they made. Most people aren't into the mushy texture but I actually love them.)
^^This cabin had a "Candy Land theme." And when me and Jared would stop to talk to friends in the ward Jack would frequently ask me, "Mom, is it ok if I run?" And then he'd book it to the other end of the park and back until we were done talking haha. We love to see it. 
^^Jared as a wizard with Alice in the front pack. Our fall-back costumes on years we can't get it together are a beard and wand for Jared, and a cowgirl hat and shirt for me. Honestly I'm shocked we were able to get our kiddos costumed up this year. Jared snagged Jack a dino costume on sale at Costco and we had this pumpkin hat and booties from when Jack was a baby for Alice. So stinkin cute.
^^They had the BEST sourdough bread bowls and soups for dinner. Best bread bowls I've ever had in my life. 
^^I used to think the moms who made themed snacks for their kids were a little "extra," but after one time trying it I'm converted. This is the first time Jack's willingly snarfed down a lunch full of fruits and veggies in a while. He was so excited to see this when he came down from quiet time. He even said, "Mom this is the greatest snack ever! I want you to make this forever and ever. Can you make it every day?" So now I'm the mom who does cutesy themed lunches.
The only pic I got trick or treating our neighborhood with a neighbor friend, Quin. 
^^Rainy trick or treating, but our hats kept us dry. I loved spending this time with by little boy. And now since I couldn't narrow it down to just one pumpkin bb picture, a bunch:
^^Jared is home today so he tried his hand at another themed lunch for Jack. It was a slam dunk. They both loved it. Happy Halloween!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.