Baby Jack 5 Year Update

OK, he's not 5 until February, but Jack just hit a huge milestone this evening that I wanted to document. This evening, Monday November 7, at 6:00 p.m., for the first time EVER in his nearly 5 years of life, Jack recognized that he was tired and, based on that feeling, decided to put himself to bed. I am SHOOK to my core. Who is this child. We had just finished dinner, Jared went upstairs to finish some work, and I said to Jack, "Hey, let's pull out some Christmas decorations! I just need to get myself a drink of water first. Would you like a drink of water?" And his response was, "No, I need to go to bed now." And sure enough, I saw this dazed look flash across his face and next thing I know I'm following him upstairs and asking if he wants to put some comfy jammies on or stay in his day clothes and he's saying, "No, I'll just wear these clothes. I need to go to sleep right now." And he climbs up into his bed and tells me, "You can say the prayer tonight. I'll just be sleeping though." So I say the prayer and leave the room and within 60 seconds he was out?!!!! I am speechless. Ok clearly not because I had to come write this extra blog post documenting the occasion. Granted, he is sick with a gnarly cold and I'm sure that's playing a factor. But he's been sick plenty of times before and never even come close to recognizing and acting on his own sleepiness. He has been my sleep fighter since day 1. This is an enormous milestone that will probably never be repeated again. But maybe it will. Dare to dream, kids. 

Whelp, since I'm already writing a bonus post. I took Alice to her 2-month appointment this afternoon and other than the 4 vaccines she needed (poor baby) it went really well. She is ahead of her curve for height and weight. 12 pounds 4 oz, I think. 

While I was there, Jared had the afternoon off and had his mom take him to "pick up" our new car. He was able to sign all the paperwork, but nobody told him he'd need to stop by our bank, an hour from the dealership, and do some more paperwork before it's official. So still no new car, but hopefully we'll have it by Jared's birthday this Saturday. It's been quite the Monday!

^^Jack, age 3. The only photo I have on hand at the moment tho. Love this bedtime boi.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.