Introducing . . .

Alice Lark Lambert <3

(Jared's favorite girl name + my favorite girl name. Jared has always been so in love with the name Alice and I'm not as hung up on Lark so it was an easy call to do it this way. I always wanted to do flower middle names, but decided to go ahead and use my fav Lark because Larkspur is an excellent flower. Also "Lark" is pretty close to "Laura," so now we've got a Jack Jared and an Alice Lark. Perf.)

She's here! Born Friday September 16 at 4:38 p.m. 7 lbs 6 ounces, the exact same weight as big brother when he was born. 

She is an absolute sweetheart. Very mellow. A natural breastfeeder. Pretty great sleeper so far. Basically the opposite of colicky newborn Jack, poor lil guy. We are in love. 

Getting her earthside was not fun. We'll just say "4 hours of pushing" and "many failed epidurals" and leave it at that for now. I was going to post her birth story this week but the outline alone is turning into a novella. It's going to take some time to write it out, but I really want to, just as much for me to process it as for you to be able to read it. So, hopefully sometime in the next week or two that will be my post. (It's nothing too traumatizing, just was a very painful experience.) For now, this is an announcement of our sweet, sleepy, happy, healthy, beautiful baby girl. Worth every minute of nausea and feeling like I was being run over by a train during labor. Baby and mom are both doing well! I have a second degree tear so I'm not SUPER comfy, but all things considered, feeling pretty good. I'll pull out my nice camera sometime this next week and hopefully get some nice newborn shots to share. Then maybe I'll finally announce our pregnancy and baby on social media haha. Now excuse me while I get back to the newborn snugs!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.