Pick My Poisin

I'm going on 12 weeks pregnant here! Stamina waxes and wanes. Some days I'm like, "Sweet. Meds are helping. Still doing better than I was with Jack's pregnancy by this point." Other days I'm like, "My body is broken and I want to die." The hardest part, always and forever, is the constant nausea. When I was pregnant with Jack my nausea levels varied from 8-10 out of 10 every minute of the first half of my pregnancy. And then a little less the second half. This time it's a much wider swing. Still gets to a 10, but sometimes the nausea is as low as maybe like a 3 out of 10. But it's still constant, and that can really get a girl down. Honestly the only way out is through, and I'm grateful to be just about "through" with the first/worst trimester. Baby is growing healthy and strong, for which I'm grateful. I think I even felt a little flutter last night. Pritty kool.

My OB prescribed me some dissolvable zofran, which I started for the first time this last week. It actually has been much more effective than the oral zofran for me, but zofran will mess a digestive tract up BIG time. I'm trying so hard to take it only when I know I'm seconds from throwing up, which so far is usually twice a day. It's either zofran or reglan to get me through the day. Reglan isn't as effective as zofran for me and makes me feel kind of twitchy and off, but no digestive side effects. Just pickin my poison on a day-to-day basis over here. My dream is to be off all heavier meds by 16-20 weeks. Since I was super sick all through Jack's pregnancy I know I'll likely have to stay on unisom/benadryl the whole time, but if I can get off the heavier stuff with the rough side effects I'll be a happy camper. 

Those are the updates for the week! Jared's schedule gets busier and busier with each month, but he still loves his job. Jack's living on snacks and screen time. And preschool. Thank heavens for preschool. He's started getting himself dressed for preschool because his grandparents got him Paw Patrol and Dinosaur shirts for his birthday, and he is PUMPED about them. 

^^Jared is the face of us trying to parent in 2022
Playing "dinosaurs." It's a fun phase. 
We have a good time. But also, as I've been singing all emo-like in my head all week, "Wake me uuuup, when September ends!"

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.