Soccer Boi

I didn't take any pictures this last week so I thought I'd post these from Jack's last soccer practice a few weeks ago. It was fun to watch Jack and his 3-year-old teammates go from having absolutely no idea what to do at the first practice to being able to shoot goals and dribble around by the last one. Now that we have our patio in, me and Jack like to set up little goals at either end and play against each other (we could use the grass, but it's pretty marshy out there with all the rain we've been getting lately). 

^^snacking on a fig bar.
I miss the days when it was still light outside from 5-6:00 p.m. These days it's dark by 4:30 on a cloudy day, or by 5:00 on a clear day. I think the darker winter evenings are an acceptable trade for the nonstop winter wind we left behind in Casper. We do still miss Casper a lot (I truly can't believe it's been 5 months since my last prairie walk--the thing I miss most), but Washington's got its redeeming qualities. Ok, time to go tackle a project or two in Jared's office. It's his birthday this Friday, and I'm hoping to surprise him with a finished office. Considering that I plan to paint the whole room and put together a desk and several wall shelves . . . I've got a big week ahead of me. Should be fun!

Oh! And one last update or two. Jared's parents and brother came over for Sunday dinner last night and by some miracle we were able to get my thrifted piano in form the garage into the house. I still have to find the perfect place for it but it's been so fun to play some songs on it this morning. And final update--our fence was supposed to go in last week on the same day as our patio, but between the lumbar shortage and shipping delays they pushed it back to this week. Very excited for Savvy and the rest of us to enjoy a fenced-in yard in the next few days. 

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.