Playing "watch tv"

Nothing new or exciting to report this week. We are in pure survival mode as Jared goes into his last week of his OB hospital rotation. Hoping he can bounce back quickly afterward. Poor guy. He is overrr it and dying to sign for a job already and be done with residency hours. It's like the last semester of high school or college when you just don't care anymore. But worse, because he still has to work 80 hours a week and can't just play hooky. Ok, here are some cute old Jack photos on my camera card. These are from when we were building our fence a few summers ago. And by "we" I definitely mean just Jared. I tried to help him but I was too much of a perfectionist about it so we both banished me to take picture and hang out inside. I think basically I was just on Jack duty.  
And now a more current picture of Jack cooking up some plastic toy food in my kitchen aid. No worries, I made sure the paddle mixer was off. So cute in his big boy pants. Today we spent half an hour playing "watch tv." Not actually watching tv, just pretend watching tv. We sat on my bed and stared at the wall, pretend watching Mickey Mouse and laughing at "funny parts" every 5-10 seconds, and eating popcorn and hot chocolate. Aka a toy car and a book, because it was pretend popcorn and hot chocolate. Toddlers are gr8. Podcasts are saving my sanity these days. When I'm trapped in toddler pretend world for 10 hours a day I can feel my soul starting to die a little bit. Popping in a wireless earbud and having an adult teaching me something new or telling entertaining stories in the background helps. 

 

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.