Weaving and Thrifting

My favorite hobbies are currently weaving and thrifting, so I thought I'd do a post to remember this time. I taught myself how to weave from YouTube videos about 4 years ago, shortly after we moved to Georgia. Now I feel like I'm finally very comfortable with the various weaving techniques and have developed my own unique style. The above picture is the only one on my phone representing both weaving and thrifting, but typically I prefer to weave round shapes in bright color schemes. I mostly weave for my own enjoyment, but it's nice when I make an occasional sale on my Etsy shop.

Since moving to Casper and trying to decorate our home on a budget, I have come to really enjoy thrifting too. I like to go on my own once every week or so when Jared can be home with Jack. Almost all of our furniture and home decor have come from our local thrift store. It's been a slow process, but I love every piece. I also live thrifting clothes. I gravitate toward linen outfits and unique vintage dresses. I have a collection of about half a dozen beautiful old dresses now that I just love. I thrifted my favorite one yet today, so it's fresh on the mind. It's a knee-length piece with half sleeve, old lace details, and tiny buttons going up the front. I'll have to take more pictures. Down the road I hope to get a sewing machine and learn to do my own tailoring for those thrifted pieces that don't quite fit right. Maybe my wonderful mom and grandmother can show me a thing or two about making alterations next time I'm in Utah :)

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.