The Whole Fam Dam!

Sorry Grandma! I had schedule this post to publish last Monday, but I guess it never happened. I guess it will do for this week's post instead.

I remember when my mom used to say "The Whole Fam Dam" and I thought she was making a terrible swear. Now we here.
Our trip to Utah last week was wonderful! I will probably share even more pictures next week after I empty my camera cards. For now here are some shots of my whole family that I took with a tripod. Get you some children with some marketable skills (photo editing) that you can use for freeeee. So far Jack's only marketable skill is eating all the leftovers that are now gross to me and I don't want to eat but also don't want to throw away. Not really a marketable skill tho. I'll report back in 20 years.

Back to the Utah trip! We had a great time. With Jordan+Amanda+Asher also coming in from out of state to see Tim come home from his mission, my parent's home was fuller than it's been since probably before I got married. Jack and Asher are the exact same age. Jack is the crazy one and Asher is the calm one, so I was thinking that Asher's wonderful mannerisms would rub off on Jack and Jack would teach Asher how to get into trouble, but kind of the opposite happened: Jack taught Asher to be less of a picky eater and Asher taught Jack about saying "no" and he gave him croup haha. Oops! The croup didn't show up until after we got home from Utah though. Luckily he was in good spirits during our "vacation." He loved all the attention and jumping off my parents' furniture all day.

My favorite adventure from our time in Utah was off-roading with Dad in his new truck. We went up through Wallsburg and up this crazy bumpy canyon trail that I never would have dreamed a vehicle could handle. Felt like we were riding Indiana Jones at Disneyland. I think we'll have to get a truck at some point now. The adventure ended with a tire popping in a rocky riverbed. Luckily a nice mechanic was driving by with his family in an ATV and he helped us change it out lickity split. It would have been a gorgeous drive in the fall. I'm secretly hoping to sneak back to Utah with Jack when the leaves start turning in a few months. It's been too many years since I've been able to enjoy a Utah fall. Jared is coming up on a couple months of night shifts, so that could be the perfect time to get away.

Of course the real highlight of the trip was being reunited with Tim. It's almost weird that he's the last one and now the whole family is home for good. It was fun to have Tim drive me and Jack back home to Casper. We talked about upcoming college life and business ideas while Jack screamed bloody murder in the backseat. Taking a tiny child on a roadtrip is FuN!

Ok, Jack is waking up in the other room. Usually I just leave him to talk to himself in his crib for 5-10 minutes after he wakes up, but poor sick buddy has the saddest little croup cough so I'd better go get him. Until next week!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.