My Lucky Week

I think I have too many hobbies and aspirations. Is that a thing? Sometimes I talk to my "mom friends" in my ward and other groups and they're like, "I'm going to have to go back to college when my kids are all school aged, because I'm not going to know what to do with all that free time." I am as faaaaar to the other end of the spectrum as possible. I'm already stoked for Jack to start preschool so I can claim a portion of my time back. Then again, by that time he'll probably be done taking naps so I don't think I'll have more free time. At least it won't be less time though. Until baby #2 comes around. The point is, I have so many things I want to be working toward on any given day, and not nearly enough hours to do them all.
When Jared started med school and we moved to Grenada, I learned that I'm not truly happy unless I'm dreaming big and working toward something I'm passionate about. In Grenada that was videography and blogging. In Georgia that was growing my Simpleton Pleasures Instagram account. Now it's starting a weaving business. I'm so grateful for the skills I gained in Grenada and the IG account I grew in Georgia, because those will give me a platform to get eyes on my business and skills to market my work. I recently finished the weaving prototype I hope to use to launch my weaving business (see above). Woven wall hangings have been popular for several years now, but the normal square ones with tassels are getting a bit old to me. I've only ever seen one other weaver use a homemade copper-pipe frame, and I've never seen anyone do anything quite like the weaving pictured above. I may add tassels, but for now I like it as is. A piece like this takes days or weeks to make since I can only weave during the occasional Jack nap, so it will be another month or two before I have enough of an inventory to do anything. I've come to really love this random creative outlet. 

None of that was supposed to be what this blog post was about, oops. Guess I should've put another picture first so I wouldn't get distracted. What I meant this post to be was bragging about my lucky week! I guess the first picture ties in because I finally was lucky enough to finish that big piece of art that's been in the works for months. I was also lucky because I won my first giveaway ever! Well, one time I won a bag of chocolate-covered acai berries, but that doesn't count. This time I won a gift card for a free pillow from one of my favorite shops: KaeKoo. It's an account run by a cute gal who makes and sells beautiful pillow covers. I just love how she runs her business. This was a great win because most of her pillows cost $60 or more. I chose a beautiful black mudcloth pillow cover. It should arrive sometime next week. 

The last lucky thing that happened was I won my work's monthly lottery drawing! Each month the company I work for chooses one editing project at random, and if the editor completed the project on time and received a good rating from the customer, they get a $50 bonus on their paycheck. I don't have time to take many work projects, so I was shocked and thrilled when I got the email that I won the editing lottery this month. Guess I should squeeze time in for work more often so I can win more lotteries.  And finally, some pictures of why I'm the luckiest person of all: because I have these guys (awwwww):
^^Jack is physically incapable of sitting still for a diaper change. It is 100% impossible for him. The only way I can get him to stop wriggling for a diaper change is by giving him a bottle, or giving him my phone with his favorite cartoon playing. I'm very excited for him to be potty trained someday. I always tell Jared that I don't feel bad about not exercising anymore, since wrestling my child into complacency burns approximately 5x more calories in a day than running ever did for me.
^^These two are so in love. They kind of need each other these days. Jack is so demanding of all my attention that these two get a bit jipped sometimes. Glad they have each other for snuggs when I'm emotionally unavailable haha.

1 comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.