Wings at Quarantine Point

^^These booths are part of a popular eating area near SGU campus called "Options." We most commonly visit the smoothie stand, but they also have good ice cream sundaes and middle eastern food, and an asian ramen place just opened. Oh, and before you die of a heart attack, these prices are in eastern caribbean dollars.
^^This jumpsuit is knee-length!! Aka tropical heaven!!!!
Yesterday was Jared's very first day visiting Grenada's public hospital to follow a doctor around. I'll be blogging about that soon . . . probably later today depending on how many work projects I take (the amount of blogging I do is directly proportional to the amount of work I'm procrastinatinghence why I blogged so much when I was going to school full time).

When he got home from the hospital he was pooped. Like, soooo tired. And he had only been there for 4 or 5 hours! I shudder to think about his upcoming residency years, when he will be at the hospital literally 100 hours a week. That's 2 1/2 full-time jobs. Ugh. He will be the walking dead. But the good part about Jared being exhausted is that I can slowly talk him away from his studies to spend a bit of time in the fresh air.

The other day we accidentally discovered that our favorite nearby smoothie stand started selling wings. And they're pretty dern good, and pretty cheap! The buffalo wings are our favorite so far. The jerk wings were good too but so spicy that we both started crying. Yesterday we swung by for 6 buffalo wings and 4 parmesan wings, and we took them to Quarantine Point to check out the massive Disney cruise ship that docked here yesterday. It looked to be the the same size as the city it was parked in front of (St. George'sGrenada's biggest city), and it's not even the biggest ship that's ported here. It's officially cruise season in Grenada from now until May. I like cruise season because it's fun to go see the huge ships, but I also don't like it because all the beaches get crowded and all the locals start thinking I'm a tourist and try to squeeze money out of me.

5 comments

  1. I love the jumpsuit Laura, very cute. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to make your own wings sometime, Laura. Buy a chicken, kill it, and eat it. It's part of the Grenadian experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun! Where did you find the jumpsuit? It's so cute and I have been looking for one. It looks like you are having so many adventures there [I read like everyone of your posts haha..] - Erica
    lovelywoodland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica!! It's been forever! I'm so glad you commented. Now you leave me no choice but to go stalk your entire blog, haha. I got my jumpsuit on a website called shein.com. It's a bit hard to navigate, so here is the exact link:
      http://www.shein.com/Navy-Lapel-Tie-waist-Floral-Slim-Jumpsuit-p-211974-cat-1860.html

      It seriously is the best jumpsuit for warm weather! I call it my perma-wedgie jumpsuit because since I'm so tall it rides up a bit, but I'm sure it would be perfect on you!

      Delete
  4. Oh yay! I honestly love reading your blog SO much! Thank you! I will need to take a look, it is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.