Windy Days

We made it, and they were right--the dry season is way better than the wet season. Grenada is the perfect temperature with a perfect breeze at all times these days. But for it being "dry season," it has poured nonstop for the past three days and nights. This would be great, except I just started teaching early-morning seminary (we're talkin' up-at-5:15 early), so a more restful and less stormy sleep would be appreciated.

Our first evening back, we got all ready to go for a swim, but then when it was cool and windy outside we decided it would be much better to bust out the kites that Jared got me for Christmas. That guy is excellent at unique gifts. I made him a list, and he got me some things on the list, but my favorite Christmas gifts were the odd ones he came up with on his own: three bottles of Nair (umm?), legit dental hooks so I can scrape my teeth clean (last term I'd occasionally pick at my teeth mindlessly with a dull needle while editing, which scared Jared to death), and two good kites. We've never seen anyone fly kites here before, but the breeze on the coast is just irresistible, so now it's our thing. Also, the best kite-flying spot is a five-minute walk away from our new wonderful apartment.
^^These two were having a picnic dinner at the tide pools when we arrived, and it was possibly the most romantic thing ever. They watched, fascinated, as we flew our kites. On their way out we asked them it they'd like to try a kite, but they had to get somewhere. Next time!


4 comments

  1. I'm drooling. That last photo was dreamy. Be careful with the nair! You can get chemical burns if you leave it on too long. But I prefer nair to shaving, and I have super sensitive skin. Jared is darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried out the Nair, extremely skeptically, last week. I like that it makes smooth skin last longer, but I hate the smell and I'm nervous about the chemical burn stuff. But smooth skin is a must here, so I'm going to cautiously keep using it. Thanks for the heads' up, Alex!

      Delete
  2. How fun! You should also show pictures of your new apartment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on the agenda! We still need to put up our few decorations and finish unpacking a bag or two, but once that's done I'll start snappin pictures :)

      Delete

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.