t-minus, oh, one day

We just loaded the last of our six 70 lb bags into our car. In about an hour we'll start saying our goodbyes and drive up to meet Jared's mom, who will drop us off at the airport.

Our flight leaves at midnight, and by tomorrow evening, we'll be coming in for a landing on our new island home.

I'm still not sure this feels real. I've spent the last three days in a weird cold-induced haze. On Friday, we spent one last date night doing our favorite Dry Canyon hike and looking out over the valley. Tears fell freely as I realized that this won't be home anymore. I've never spent longer than 3 weeks away from this valley, but that's what the next 7+ years will be.

Away.

But it's a good thing. It's a journey we might not be ready for, but we'll adapt. We already feel like we're friends with so many people on the island. Couples we've never met have offered to pick us up, take us grocery shopping, and show us the ropes. It's a tight-knit group we'll soon be a part of, and we have each other. This will be good.

For us.

And for you.

Because you will come visit.

And you WILL like it!

From the USA for the last time, this is over and out. Wish us luck!

4 comments

  1. SOOO exciting! good luck out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I love you and will be emailing you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, best wishes to you!! I cried about moving from Orem to Provo, so...you're pretty much the bravest person in the world, as far as I'm concerned. But moving to a tropical island is nice because you come back after 7+ years with a tan to last you until you die. Provo doesn't do that...

    Anyway, good luck and safe travels! I'll talk to Joe about saving up for a plane ticket soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to have the best time ever :) I'll miss you! So glad I'll still be able to hear from you on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.