Being Married

We're back from our dreamlike European honeymoon, and we've been spending the week since getting all settled into our first apartment home. Which is somehow almost as fun as being in Europe. Getting settled is amazing.

Today is Jared's first day doing some job training, and I'm kickin' it at the apartment, unpacking my four thousand boxes (girls have so much stuff) and getting distracted along the way by sparkly nail polishes and long-forgotten hair and makeup products. 

You learn lots of things about your spouse when you get married. Like such as . . . 

-Jared takes immaculate care of his teeth. Which would explain why they always look amazing. And which makes my personal hygiene routine look wussy. But let's be real--we already knew that.

-He can organize anything in less than 5 minutes. And he's way better at laundry than I am. Score.

-Musts in our kitchen, says him: fruit juice, hint of lime tortilla chips, Log Cabin lite maple syrup, frozen chicken. 
(Musts in our kitchen, says me: eggs, protein powder, edamame, flowers.) 

-He's an amazing cook. Pre-marriage he could grill up some wicked delicious chicken, but otherwise it was mostly Asian Select meals from the freezer section. Now he be makin me this gourmet tortilla soup which is way better than any soup I have ever made, and I cook all the time. Also, please take this moment to enjoy our jelly-bean-filled piggy bank centerpiece, courtesy of Jared's mother. 
(if it's not loading, click the picture and it will enlarge)

 Marriage seems to mean that whenever possible, we wear pajamas all day and I neglect my hair and makeup. While Jared spends his cooking time on gourmet soups, I spend my cooking time on pizza from a can. BUT, I have been making progress on the art of getting him to smile my favorite smile for a camera. It takes a fair amount of skill and trickery, but we're getting better. The following is 3/4 there.
After braiding my hair at a family FHE, the lack of hair elastics made it necessary for husband to secure the style with a pass-along card, his wedding ring, and some off-the-road wildflowers. Innovation at its finest.


Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.