Our First Flower Garden

I love spring. We have had lovely weather and our first flower garden planting this week. There were a few days of 80-degree temperatures and outside meals. Alice pounded down a couple of excellent dinners and then proceeded to polish off a full bottle of milk and sleep GREAT at night three nights in a row. I'm sure I'm jinxing things but we will take that win whenever we can get it.

Next week is my birthday, and then Mother's Day the week after that. I am taking a page out of my college friend Ashley's book and planning my own birthday out ahead of time, from start to finish. Ashley was in my major, and now she is a certified baby sleep consultant. I found this post she wrote about planning gatherings and taking charge of her own celebrations very inspiring. We have different personality types so my "plan my own birthday" situation is going to be less "girl's trip to Park City!" (which does sound super fun) and more going for a family waterfall hike, taking myself thrifting, roasting s'mores up the canyon, then watching a chick flick with Jared. I considered making it a day trip of a ferry ride to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands. But we are in the "baby hates carseats" phase of life and also the "would greatly enjoy a preschool/nap break" phase of having young kids, so I'd prefer to stick closer to home this year and have a little family time, a little alone time, a little Jared time. All the good times. Also I'm having Jared take the kids to his parents house for a day and a night sometime soon so I can sleep in and do some uninterrupted house projects! Exciting stuff. Here are some pictures from our week:
^^Jack came with me to buy plants for our small starter garden plot. He absolutely insisted on this big contained pot of pansies, even offering to pay for it himself. I was going to do one small container of pansies, but his enthusiasm was very cute so he paid a little for his very own pot of pansies. He wanted to plant it in the ground by the other flowers and seeds, but not take it out of its pot. So he just set it on the ground and piled a bunch of dirt around it. I explained how planting worked but he was pretty set on this and I was like, "Eh, why not?" So we'll have a cute container pot of pansies "planted" in our flower garden this year haha--love that kid. 

 

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.