Snow Week

What a week. We survived! That's about all I have to say for it, but that feels good enough to me. After being trapped inside for several days due to the snow, we eventually ventured out as the temperatures hit the 40s and 50s. There has been SO much snow melt. Like, rivers in the streets amounts of snow melt. And yet, it's still SO deep. These pictures were taken AFTER several days of snow melt. It was actually very warm outside, so it felt trippy to be trekking through this much snow in the backyard. The snow is still too deep to do our walk in the prairie, even though we had like 4 days in a row in the 50s. What a weird March. 
Luckily there was a perfect little window of good weather for Jared to come home for the weekend. We missed him so, so much. The weekend went by much too fast. It was even harder to say goodbye this time than it was two weeks ago. We had some wonderful family time and I got a solitary, much-needed night off from doing bedtime. Then Jack made sure I paid for it the following night by not going to sleep until after 11:00 p.m. Neat. I have a feeling we're in for a grumpy day. Two more weeks until we're reunited with Jared forever!!! Until I take an away rotation of my own someday to enjoy some uninterrupted productivity and sleeps. For now, I'll just look forward to visiting Jared and exploring Denver a bit this coming weekend. 

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.