Christmas 2020

Christmas morning was magic! Jack lit up when he saw that Santa brought exactly what he wanted--a choo choo train and a race car--and more! It's so pure that his greatest wish in this world is a toy train. Now Jack has the complete collection of these mix-and-match magnetic vehicles. Jared set up a lincoln log village in front of Jack's presents and Jack still talks about how cool that was. 
We had a cereal buffet for breakfast, since it's tradition for Santa to bring everyone a box of their favorite cereal. I also made a quiche but knew that Jack would be way more interested in the Cap'n Crunch. 
Jack's grandparents spoiled him with the best toys. Blocks and additions to his favorite train set and toy fruit he could cut up. It took nearly all day to open all the presents because Jack would get so excited about each new toy and play with it for an hour. Jared and I had a wonderful Christmas too. 
Mama Lambert got me a Spaetzle (schpetz-leh) press, and since I already had a sauerbraten (German roast) marinating and the 4 ingredients required to make spaetzle, we had a full-on German Christmas feast. I think this will be a new tradition for either Christmas or New Years every year. Spaetzle was my favorite food I tried when Jared and I honeymooned in Germany. It's sooooo good. You make a simple dough, put it in the spaetzle press, push the dough into boiling water, and within 20 seconds you have a delicious batch of soft noodles that you toss with good cheese (I used gruyere since I had some on hand). It's essentially fancy German mac n' cheese, and it's amazing. 
Merry Christmas from our family to yours! And the happiest of New Years!


 

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.