Jackster

My Mom and Dad came to visit over the weekend for my birthday/Mother's Day! I have the best parents in the world. We had a great time. My Dad and Jared built me a pergola while they were here, and Jack is distraught that grandma and grandpa aren't here to play with him and watch shows with him anymore. I have a few more finishing touches to put on the pergola (furniture in, build a planter, hang bistro lights), but I will do a post all about it next week when everything is (hopefully) in place. I'm so impressed they were able to build it all in a day. For now, Jack is about to wake up and we have a busy day ahead, so here are some picture of Jackster on my memory card from last week..
^^Jack in his "big boy pants." I tried potty training him last Monday. He did great until this incident where he was washing his hands and playing in his sink, and then he somehow got his knee stuck in the slats of the chair. It was a bit traumatic for him and took half an hour and a stick of butter to get him free. After that the potty training went downhill and I realized that it was just rotten timing since I had so much to do to prepare for my parents coming that weekend (I was trying to weave my mom a headboard in time for Mother's Day, but wasn't able to finish in time). So we'll try again in a month or two when he seems more ready (and when I feel more ready).
^^Jack and Jared have been logging lots of hours getting ready and going to the park since the weather's been getting nicer. Every day some of Jack's first words when he wakes up are, "Dada. Home. Park." He looks forward to Dad coming home allll day so they can go to the park together. It's so sweet. In-between he works on his ABCs (Jack can do the whole alphabet now!) and we play LOTS of cars together. He's definitely hitting a terrible twos stage and most things are a power struggle, but he sure is cute. (p.s. these pics are a bit blown out but won't be for long! I'll be back to my old photo editing software sometime in the next week or two. Jared also just scheduled an interview in Elko, Nevada for the first week of June. Lots of exciting goings-on lately.)



Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.