Easter in Utah

I must have some more pictures from Utah on my other memory card, because I remember taking pictures of Jack dying eggs with his grandma but they're not here in this post. I'll put them with next week's!
I'm so glad we happened to be in Utah over Easter this year. We were there because Jared had an interview of sorts in Cedar City. (Those pictures must be on the other card, too. I'll do the Cedar City post next time, along with some general updates on where Jared's at and where he's headed on this fun medical training journey.)
Anyway, we spent all of Friday in Cedar City, and then we were able to spend Easter weekend with family before heading back to Casper. Jack loved finding eggs, and especially finding the chocolate in the eggs. After his initial hunt there were several other egg hunts that Jack put on for us. He always hid the eggs in the exact same spots so it wasn't too hard (window sill, under a pillow, in a couch corner).
 ^^I think this is his "savoring" face, but I'm not entirely sure haha
 ^^One of my parents' neighbors brought over some chocolates and a balloon on Easter morning to spread some quarantine cheer. So cute. Jack spent the rest of the day with the balloon, and even took it for a swing out on the deck.
^^I love this picture of Jack and Jared with my beautiful Grandma Roper. If only I'd gotten a good picture with Jack's eyes open (and with me in it!). Next time.

We had Easter dinner at my parents' house with Grandma Roper. It had been a sweet day spent with family and a "home church" lesson. Later, Chris and Caitlin came over and all of us and Tim did our traditional adults Easter egg hunt, complete with confetti eggs to smash on people and cash prizes. Chris won the golden egg this year after much conspiring and chasing. I found the silver. This is one of our favorite traditions that my mom came up with just a couple years ago. I hope we're able to continue with it for years to come! We'll very likely be within 2 hours of Utah Valley by two years from now, so we'll be able to make it to a lot more family holidays. We can't wait!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.