Lil' J and my Flower Delivery Guy

Another week, another lack of anything cool happening during quarantine. Our most exciting adventures this past week were the time I was able to find real life frozen chicken tenderloins at Sam's Club (!!!) and then the time we broke quarantine protocol to go walk around Home Depot for 15 minutes. Our justification was that the light under our microwave burned out and we needed a replacement, but the real reason was that I was going stir crazy and needed an excuse to leave the house. Hard to feel bad about that when there have only been like two covid-19 cases in Casper so far. I'm sure it'll ramp up in the next week or two and then I'll be extra good not to go out in public, pinky promise.

In the interest of continuing to empty my memory cards so I have camera space to take more DSLR videos of Jack, here are some pictures from the summer right before we moved to Casper. Jack was just 3 grumpy months old, and Jared was working a temp job as a delivery driver for a flower wholesaler in Utah. You know, since we were without an income for a few months between med school and residency. Thanks mom and dad for always letting us crash ur basement when we have no monies.
 ^^My very own flower delivery guy! If only my 20-yr-old florist self could see this moment. Jared loved this job delivering wholesale flowers so much. He got to drive up and down Utah Valley during sunrise every day for two weeks and talk to a bunch of nice little local florists. He loves the idea of me opening a little flower shop someday and him delivering the arrangements. I think it would be fun to be a florist again for a little while, but I don't think I want the logistics and stress of running my own shop.
 ^^Bubs in this cute yellow sweater that my Grandma Roper used to dress her babies in. He wore it with some much cuter outfits than this, but he still looks pretty cute in it here.

 ^^A beautiful hike we'd never done before somewhere in Alpine. It's crazy how much I took for granted having dozens upon dozens of gorgeous hikes within a half-hour drive growing up. I never even knew about most of these. Now that we've lived away from any big mountain ranges for going on 7 years, it's one of the things I miss very most about living in Utah. When we make it back someday I'm sure we'll do every hike possible to make up for lost time.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.