Edgerton Exploration

There's a worker at our house right now doing paint touch-ups and I have no idea what to do with myself so I'm gonna bust out a blog post. Does anyone else feel soooo awkward when someone comes to your house/apartment to fix something? Like, what am I supposed to do with myself? Do I stay in the same room as him so I can "keep an eye on him" and be there if he has questions? Or do I go do something in another room so I don't have to make awkward conversation/endure awkward silence? I have some social anxiety, so I am probably just overthinking this. I never thought I'd say this, but I really hope Jack wakes up from his nap early so I at least have a little buddy here with me in this awkwardness.

The painter is really nice. We've just been chatting about babies and small-town life. Oh, and prison and high Casper suicide rates and meth. Normal Casper stuff. p.s. Literally EVERY city we've lived in the US has claimed to have the nation's highest depression/suicide rates. And they all have studies to back it up. And I've genuinely loved all the places we've lived so who's to say what the actual stats are? But anyway, it's still weird with the painter here even with the smalltalk. There's this element of feeling guilty that I made him come. Our home is a new build and when we moved in there were some tiny little paint chips in random places. Honestly barely even noticeable, but Jared's OCD about this stuff so we nagged our builder for a few months until he made the painter come back and fix it. Also awkward because the painter and our builder came by at 8:00 this morning to check out the "damage" and I was legit a frazzled mess with my nightshirt hanging out of a too-small jacket I threw on and crazy bedhead. I'm presentable now but it's still weird.

Moving on! Here is a post about when we went "exploring" a few weeks back. There is nothing within a 2-hour radius of Casper so it was a bit anticlimactic haha. This random rock pile in the prairie is where we ended up. It was right outside Edgerton, WY. Population 197. There's some cool terrain nearby (little mountains and hills), but as far as we can tell almost all the land in Wyoming is privately owned so you can't explore it. Makes me appreciate the Utah mountains. I could literally spend my entire life exploring just the state of Utah and still not discover everything. Don't get me wrong, we truly love Wyoming and feel at home here, but we are hopeful to one day settle down in Utah. (Probably after we spend a few years living somewhere awful that will help us pay off Jared's student loans, because Utah sure ain't gonna help us with that. #familymedicine)
This is a good depiction of what most of our part of Wyoming looks like. Pretty plain. Probably why it's called the plains. It's not much, but it is peaceful and provides gr8 sunsets.
Savvy found a herd of antelope and chased them for a while before coming back to us. Then this one male antelope, probably their leader, came back and just stared at us the entire time we were here. I was so scared one of us was going to get gored to death by an antelope. Antelopes are not even scary and they have tiny horns, but this one looked like it wanted to eat us for dinners.

And that is all! Really nothing exciting happened on this exploration, but I'm sure I'll appreciate looking back on pictures. Oh, and I guess I'll note that Edgerton/Midwest, WY are a full hour from where we live in Bar Nunn, but they are within our ward boundaries. Most towns in Wyoming are pretty tiny and spread out. Some of our ward friends drive an hour each way to go to church each week. That wasn't even a thing when we lived in the Caribbean. Way to commute, Midwest peeps.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.