Bighorn Mountain Lake

This weekend we went hiking in the Bighorns. Jared had gone camping at this spot with a bunch of his coworkers just before starting his residency, but Jack and I stayed home because I was sick at the time. Jared was impressed with how beautiful these mountains were and how close they are to us in Casper (less than a 2 hour drive), so when he had a half day of work yesterday we took off for the mountains.
The little town you go through to get to this hike is Buffalo, WY. It's really cute and is oozing with old-westerny charm. We were pumped on exploring Buffalo, but it was insaaaaane crowded driving through it. After we finished our hike we walked down main street and split a pork burrito from a food truck. Come to find out, it was "Longmire Days" in Buffalo. Apparently this is the town that the tv show "Longmire" is based off of/filmed in. So all the cast and diehard fans were there that day. We watched part of a softball game that was being filmed for an episode. Kinda cool. But also we're excited to go back when it's not so crowded. Here are some pictures of our lovely hike! Luckily we only saw a handful of people the entire time we were in the mountains. The Longmire fans stayed in town.
The hike is 2 miles each way. I don't know what it's called but it starts at Circle Park. First you pass this cute little lily pond (pictured above), and then not long after that you get to the lake. There are more lakes beyond the one we went to, but with a baby this was our maximum.
Jared carried the bambino on the way up and I carted him down. It's always a dilemma being the photographer in the family, because pictures are important to me and I wish there were more of ME with my family, but I don't want to be annoying and always ask everyone else to take pictures of me. Usually I'll do that once and then one self-timer pic and call it good. All that to say, that's why you only see Jared with the baby most of the time.
^^Jack genuinely seems to love being outside. I have a friend whose baby boy gags when he touches grass (hey Tori). He was born in Chicago so the joke is that it's cuz he's a city boy. But not Jack! He's always been calmer outside than inside, and he loves touching grass and reaching for plants.
^^Luckies. I really wanted to go swimming in this lake, but (a) I knew there was a chance we'd stop into a cute Buffalo restaurant for dinner, and (b) gotta protect Jack from dat giardia lyfe. #breastfeeding
 ^^I love this so much! I handed Jack a sealed bag full of goldfish to play with while I took pictures of Jared and Savvy. The goldfish were Jared's and I thought Jack would just look at them for a minute and then toss them aside. But when I came back the bag was open and the goldfish were all over and Jack was smiling from ear to ear. How'd ya boi know how to open a ziploc?!?? I swear he's ahead of his time. He's already sprinting after Savvy all day in his walker. Don't worry, no choking occurred. He's probably old enough to gum 'em down anyway.
 ^^Of course these were our faces for the picture with the gorgeous lighting!
The end.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.