College Cooking

I think I'm rather creative when it comes to cooking. My roommates, however, think I'm rather strange, unnatural, nasty, unethical, and a variety of other unbefitting and unpleasant adjectives. Some memorable dishes I've whipped together during the last little while that I think are great and they think are not include:

1. A philly cheese-steak sandwich on top of cabbage because I didn't have any bread. Oh, and I think this cheese-steak was lacking in cheese and dripping with salsa. A little unconventional, I'll admit, but nonetheless filling, and I was proud of my improvisation skills in the face of a food shortage crises.

2. Red bell peppers stuffed with tuna-fish. I'll actually be trying this one again, most likely. I rather enjoyed it. Just cut off the top of that pepper, whip up some tuna with pickles, shove it inside, and broil for a couple minutes. The tuna comes out warm, but the pepper is still crisp and crunchy. Highly appetizing. I'd recommend it if, like me, you are not a picky eater.

3. Avocado pie. I made this one last night and shared it with a room full of ward members. I told them there was a secret flavor and let them guess what it was. I heard pear, banana, pineapple, and all sorts of other nonsense. They were all amazed when I admitted what I had added. It was very good. Highly moist, and tasted like a lime cheesecake above anything else, but I think it's one of those things that just sounds weird thinking back on it, and I probably will leave in the past.

College cooking is fun. As I'm trying to stick with vegetables and meats mostly these days, I'm sure I'm going to have to become increasingly more creative as I invent dishes with whatever I can find. Here's to hoping for the best and not losing all remaining respect from any nearby roommates!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.