In direct defiance of our exhaustion, we planted three trees in our backyard over the weekend! We're novice gardeners, but everything we add makes the backyard feel more layered and complete. Next year we'll probably add a few fruit trees too, and I'd love to do a pumpkin patch if we have the space. Now for some pictures:
^^The kids wanted to decorate for Halloween this week. Alice loves the Halloween decor. She loves the costumes, the spooky, all of it. Jack doesn't care for Halloween at all, except the candy part. So I probably shouldn't have encouraged this prank Alice played on Jack snuggling a skeleton into his bed, but I couldn't help myself. He did not appreciate it. Alice really thought he would love it though, so the intentions were good.
^^alice wants to be an astronaut for Halloween. Jack's old costume is big on her but she'll probably change her mind by Halloween anyway.