Ok to make short(er) of it, we had a fun weekend in Sundance. Also exhausting and painful, but it's a trip with kids so what do you expect? We had the best apple crumble with fresh whipped cream I've ever tasted. We took a scenic ski lift ride up the mountain and nobody tried to climb out! We visited the Sundance swimming pool which was just stunning in the mountain setting.
Also I took a solo hike to Stewart Falls where I ended up slipping at the very end and banging my lower leg on a rock so badly that I couldn't bear weight. As I crawled to the nearby stream to try and clean it up and figure out how I was going to get back, the biggest moose I've ever seen appeared right across the stream from me. You've never seen an injured hiker hobble away so quickly! That was painful on the leg, but on the bright side, when I scrambled around the corner, there was the waterfall. So at least I got to see that. I knew I needed to figure out a way to get back to our cabin before dusk/more moose arrived, so I grabbed a nearby long stick and made it into a walking stick/crutch. Without it I couldn't have hiked back on my own. As I started hopping back down the trail, I frantic little boy came sobbing out of the woods toward me and told me he was lost and couldn't find his family. I knew I wasn't the right person to be able to help him so I found two women who could take him from there and call trail patrol. It was the weirdest hike I've ever been on. The leg was really painful for two days (probably did some muscle damage), but I'm grateful it feels fine now. Ok, pictures!
^^After I helped the lost little boy find some hikers who could help him find his family. Wondering what was going to happen next on this weird hike (a snake appearing on the trail in front of me is what happened next)
^^We checked out the new Sundance Lodge on our way out and it was very cool. Moody Ralph Lauren mountain hotel vibes.
^^We checked out the new Sundance Lodge on our way out and it was very cool. Moody Ralph Lauren mountain hotel vibes.