Winds and Weddings

The laptop is still broken, so we'll shoot for another short post this week. Jared finished a big chunk of our front landscaping this week! He put rock in all the planting bed areas, learned how to install a drip system, and put in a few plants. New dad level, unlocked.

We've had some intense storms and winds this week. It has been really cool to watch the lightning from our front porch. I've been troubleshooting how to keep all the patio furniture from flying off down the street. We put an outdoor rug under our back patio seating area, and it isn't faring so well in the wind. We have an intensely heavy stone column on one corner of the rug, and that corner is holding tight. I have another matching stone column we'll have to get on another corner. Then I'm thinking heavy boulders to hold the last two corners until I can get some heavier side tables there. When it isn't windy, we're still really enjoying our backyard spaces.

I had two family wedding receptions to attend over the weekend. It was the best to see so many of my cousins I haven't seen in a long time! Unfortunately I had to miss Jack's football game, and he scored two touchdowns. At least his Grandma and Grandpa Lambert and Uncle Will were in town to see it. We're enjoying the time with them.

Jack seems to be settling into the new school routine a little better this week. Alice is doing well too, except for the random morning last week when she woke up feeling sick and threw up, and then felt absolutely totally fine 3 hours later and ate the biggest meal I've ever seen her eat? It was bizarre. I'm glad it didn't stick around.

I need to bite the bullet and start inviting people over to our backyard. I have promised probably like 8 families that we'd invite them over when our backyard was finished. Of course the backyard started in March and still isn't done, so it's about 6 months worth of casually-extended invites that now I've got to (want to) make good on. It feels overwhelming because it's so many different groups of people and there's still technically a lot of work to be done in the backyard. This is me promising myself to have one backyard hosting date on the calendar by next week! And now for some pictures:

Instagram

© Simpleton Pleasures. Design by MangoBlogs.